Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey
Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey
MILWAUKEE (March 21, 2023) – Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® The Greatest Show On Earth® is returning to Milwaukee for the first time in 25 years with six performances at Fiserv Forum from Oct. 13-15, produced and presented by Feld Entertainment®, a family-owned company and worldwide leader in live entertainment experiences. Tickets are on sale now at FiservForum.com.
Bringing to life an arena spectacle at unbelievable scale, The Greatest Show On Earth will debut stunning feats of real human achievement, musical performances blended with aerial artistry, modern comedy and never-before-seen acts on highwire, trapeze, bicycles and more. The reimagined American icon will captivate families through a multi-platform, 360-degree experience that brings fans into the action, creating real connections between audiences and performers from all over the world.
“We’re reintroducing Ringling at a time when families are seeking shared entertainment experiences that provide joy, connection and moments of togetherness,” said Kenneth Feld, Chair and Chief Executive Officer of Feld Entertainment. “To redefine Ringling for today’s audiences, we started with a blank slate and evolved all aspects from production to performance to meet the needs of modern families, ultimately creating a massive playground that delivers an incredible and unique performance that can only be called The Greatest Show On Earth.”
Discovered during a global talent search, the show’s cast of 75 performers hail from more than 18 countries including Ethiopia, Mongolia, Ukraine, Argentina, Cuba, Italy, Spain, Canada and the U.S., among others. Their inspirational stories foster powerful connections through circus arts ranging from aerial, acrobatics, comedy, world dance and more. Each performer and troupe’s local heritage shines through costumes that celebrate their culture and individuality.
Enhanced technology – incorporated at a scale that has never been done before – amplifies each performance by creating awe-inspiring moments that bring the cast and audience closer together. Sonic spatial technology adds directional sound to put focus on specific areas of the arena, coupled with a spotlight tracking system that will connect and direct the audience’s attention to the performers. Video moments of the audience will be incorporated into each show, allowing fans to truly be a part of The Greatest Show On Earth.
“When thinking about how to bring The Greatest Show On Earth back for families, creating an experience that could be collectively enjoyed by children of all ages was at the top of our list,” said Juliette Feld Grossman, Chief Operating Officer of Feld Entertainment and Producer of The Greatest Show On Earth. “The new entertainment experience will present a phenomenal scale of wow and wonder that only Ringling can deliver, and is designed for families to leave inspired, energized and filled with memories to last a lifetime.”
The Greatest Show On Earth includes new jaw-dropping acts, featuring apparatus innovations developed exclusively for Ringling:
- The Triangular Highwire introduces a fresh twist on a circus favorite, with four performers on three 25-foot highwires connected in a triangular formation 25-feet above the arena floor.
- The Criss-Cross Flying Trapeze will captivate audiences with a real 360-degree view, featuring nine trapeze artists soaring from front-to-back, side-to-side and diagonally within the ultimate swing set-inspired play space.
- A Double Wheel features four open-sided wheels rotating independently at epic speeds, powered by acrobats who perform daring back-and-forth jumps between both apparatuses at heights up to 30-feet above ground.
- The Extreme Box Jump Trampoline sends bikes soaring through the air during a high-adrenaline extreme sport act featuring a compilation of BMX, trial bikes and unicycle riders performing stunts on trampolines.
- Additional unbelievable performances include hand-to-hand balance acts blended with acro sports, original Teeterboard combinations and a physical comedy troupe sparking spontaneous moments of fun and laughter.
At the helm of The Greatest Show On Earth is a world-class creative team revolutionizing the way audiences view and participate in live entertainment.
- Directors Dan Shipton and Ross Nicholson
- Disney On Ice, Marvel Universe LIVE!, Sesame Street LIVE! and more, is crafting the looks that build personas and distinguish each performer.
- Ilja Nowodworski has developed the show’s video design, and Jean-Damien Climonet serves as the creative consultant for the BMX stunt sequence.
- Original music for The Greatest Show On Earth is arranged by Michael Picton, an award-winning composer writing for film, television, advertising, theatre and circus.
- Having worked on some of biggest music award shows, visual artist, Jesse Blevins, serves as the production’s lighting designer.
- Comedic writer, Anne Mortensen-Agnew and children’s animated writer, Chris Gentile, will reimagine a show through larger-than-life storytelling blending comedic humor and action.
Concession Family Packs
Tra-Pizza Family Pack: 4 Slices of Pepperoni Pizza, 4 Sodas or Waters and 2 Boxes of Popcorn for $52. Available at Section 108.
Highwire Hot Dog Family Pack: 4 Rookie Dogs, 4 Sodas or Waters and 2 Boxes of Popcorn for $38. Available at Section 118.
The Greatest Cheeseburger Family Pack on Earth: 4 Cheeseburgers, 4 Fries and 4 Sodas or Waters for $57. Available at Sections 106 and 116.
We can’t wait to see you at Fiserv Forum for Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey! Doors open one hour prior to showtime.
Merchandise will be located in the following locations:
Sections 102, 103, 106, 120 & 121
Mobile Order Pickup – Section 101